I recently attended the “A-Ha!” Social Business Summit at Southern New Hampshire University with a colleague. With the help of a series of trailblazing presenters and panelists, attendees were challenged to align and evolve their social media strategies and tactics. Some of the topics that were explored were mobile marketing, Facebook, Pinterest, online branding, digital engagement, viral video, inbound marketing, content strategies, social storytelling and reputation management.
At the beginning of the conference, we were told that all attendees would experience an “A-Ha!” moment. As a public relations professional, it wasn’t a surprise when my “A-Ha!” came during a presentation about YouTube.
In the opening remarks we learned that YouTube is the second largest search engine with over 800 million people visiting the site monthly; over 4 billion hours of videos are watched each month. YouTube can help companies increase their search ranking results because search engines prefer rich media content like online videos. In addition, videos engage your customer audience and add personality to your organization.
While I was listening to the presentation, I started writing down ideas on how we could also use YouTube to enhance public relations opportunities for EVR and our clients. After all, a video can now easily be taken & edited with an iPhone.
Here are a few ideas you may want to consider for your public relations activities:
- Take videos of PR activities including ribbon cutting events, press conferences, check presentations, etc.
- Post the video to your company’s YouTube page.
- Incorporate the YouTube link into your company’s press release or photo release when sending it out to the media.
- If you haven’t done so already, add the press release or photo release to your website’s news page. Don’t forget to also add the YouTube link.
- Also incorporate the link on your organization’s social media pages including Twitter, Facebook and Google +.
Photo Credit: Flickr Erik Moberg