Media Traffic Coordinator
Join the team
An integral member of the EVR Media Group (EVRMG), the Media Traffic Coordinator works as the liaison between internal account executives and external media vendors.
An integral member of the EVR Media Group (EVRMG), the Media Traffic Coordinator works as the liaison between internal account executives and external media vendors (digital, print, TV, radio, OOH, etc.). This individual not only plays a role in executing and booking media, but also manages the creative deliverables for each client. This person will play a role in components of reporting, management, and communication on digital and traditional media efforts. You are an effective and efficient communicator, detail oriented, work well under pressure in a deadline-driven environment and manage timelines well. As a motivated individual and a self-starter, you will be a student of media and driven to learn and expand knowledge in a fast-paced environment.
Media Booking and Campaign Execution
- Responsible for booking media placements that have been approved by clients.
- Enters booked media into media buying software to generate insertions orders.
- Owns and manages the EVRMG Creative Deliverables document, which includes all the media placed per client, mechanical specs and creative deadlines.
- Completes quality control checks before trafficking creative, ensuring that mechanical specs were followed.
- Keeps track of deliverables for all client campaigns, ensuring creative has been received and trafficked on time.
- Communicates with internal teams and external partners to ensure the ad creative is accurately distributed to media channels for placement.
- Follows up with the account team for updates on urgent deadlines.
- On behalf of the account and creative teams, asks external vendors questions pertaining to media placements.
- Maintains ongoing relationships with representatives from various media outlets, including phone calls, email correspondences and personal meetings as appropriate.
- Follows up with media vendors to ensure creative began running as intended and requests copies as necessary.
- Maintains a pulse on up-and-coming publications and channels that could be suitable for EVR clients.
- Assists with research to determine industry and media trends relevant to particular client media buys.
- Corresponds with media vendors to request custom proposals for clients.
- Works alongside the EVRMG team to strategically determine media placements for client campaigns to achieve KPIs, all while remaining on budget.
- Actively collects and maintains a library of electronic media kits and rate cards.
- Assists in campaign setup, management and reporting across digital and traditional channels.
- Ability to provide insightful recommendations based on campaign performance.
- Owns the ad tag creation process by creating and implementing tracking codes to properly measure media results.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Advertising or Communication.
- 1 to 3 years of previous experience working in the media, advertising or journalism sectors.
- Prior media agency experience is a plus.
- Effective written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Organized, successful at time management, efficient and detail oriented.
- Remains calm under pressure and enjoys working in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to track the status of and prioritize multiple projects, ensuring that creative deadlines are met.
- Persistent with account executives and media vendors alike.
- A team player who is willing to jump in and help with projects as needed.
- A confident problem solver willing to roll up their sleeves to get to the bottom of something.
- Ability to complete work within the scope and budget confines of a project.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with team members.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Media certifications or experience including, but not limited to, the below are a plus;
- Google Ads, Google Analytics, HubSpot, Facebook, media buying software (Advantage), Looker Studio (Google Data Studios), FTP Sites, Google Campaign Manager,