The Graphic Designer (GD) will partner with other designers, art directors, copywriters and account staff to develop marketing materials across a wide variety of media and digital/traditional project types.
The GD plays a role in campaign concepting, creating and maintaining a high-end design aesthetic, basic copywriting to maintain project messaging strategy, fast technical skills on the computer, website user experience design, advertising communications principles and the ability to understand business fundamentals. The GD ensures that all design work meets or exceeds design standards and expectations of EVR and the client—encouraging quality and innovation.
Project Scope and Management
- Meet with clients, AE’s and/or the art director to determine the scope of a project, study design briefs and determine project requirements.
- Collaborate with AE’s and clients on strategies to reach each unique audience.
- Aid in the A/B testing of campaign assets across various media.
- Appropriately understand all the details of a campaign and projects: deadlines, target audience, brand standards, strategies, goals, etc.
- Generates clear ideas and concepts in tandem with the creative team.
- Produce sketches, campaign research, system comps, storyboards and rough designs to visualize ideas.
- Understands marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience.
- Proven ability to create concepts and designs for a variety of audiences, brands and industries.
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements.
- Determine the message the design should portray.
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas in the form of sketches or mock-ups.
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand.
- Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic.
- Create and/or select images that identify a product or convey a message.
- Develop custom graphics for project illustrations, logos and websites.
- Select colors, images, text style and layout based on brand standards and fundamental design best practices.
- Work with copywriters and AD to produce final design.
- Proof and review designs for errors before publishing.
- Present the design to internal and external audiences.
- Monitor proof rounds and incorporate changes into the final designs.
EVR requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for Covid.
EVR provides a hybrid in-office and work from home schedule.