Our Work | Dr. Todd Oral Surgery
Dr. David Todd Oral Surgery was looking to strengthen its position as the leading provider of oral surgery in the Jamestown, N.Y. area. After a complete brand refresh and website redesign, a marketing plan was developed for two general audiences: B2B (or referring dentists) and B2C. The B2B strategy included blogs and letters to area dentists. The B2C strategy targeted consumers through organic and paid online methods.
EVR developed a Facebook page and a platform strategy that included weekly content to engage with patients organically and maintain a respectable social presence. A content calendar was developed to include:
- Posts promoting and directing viewers to Dr. Todd’s patient-focused blogs.
- Promotional posts regarding popular procedures (such as wisdom teeth removal in teens) posted during a timely window (just before school vacations).
- “Meet the Team” posts, personally introducing Dr. Todd’s team with fun bios and pictures.
- News items, such as new training Dr. Todd’s office has received.
- Curated posts from trusted sources with helpful oral health information.
Four paid Facebook campaigns were developed and A/B testing was conducted to best optimize results.
Having established a strong presence for Dr. Todd in two years, we began looking to diversify content into both organic and paid to further strengthen its position as the leading provider of oral surgery in the region. It’s important to note that Facebook’s Newsfeed algorithm changed at the beginning of Year 3 to favor posts with “meaningful interactions” consisting of comments, shares and reactions. The shift emphasized the need to increase paid content to grow Dr. Todd’s audience.
For one post, we did A/B testing. The original post ran seven weeks and garnered a reach of 668 and 1,072 impressions. Two months later, we boosted the post for four weeks and it gained a reach of 5,499 with 12,778 impressions, getting in front of 5,844 people who had not yet liked the page and gaining 12 new page likes. The ad spend for that campaign was $125.
Organic and Paid/Boosted Facebook Results Over a 9-Month Period
Average Engagement Rate