Google processes approximately 5.8 billion search queries every day—that’s 70,000 every second—making it absolutely critical for businesses to have a strategy to be found among this ever-growing web traffic.
You need good content that people are looking for, but the impact of it is greatly diminished if you are buried on the second page of a search query. And while content, healthy backlinks and a comprehensive website are all beneficial to providing a successful consumer experience, they won’t get you to the first page of search results acting alone. They must work together, along with a variety of other factors, to achieve optimal search results. That’s what makes search engine optimization (SEO) the guiding light of content marketing.
How It Works
As they say, to be the best, you must beat the best, and this certainly applies to the world of SEO. Optimizing the different aspects of your online presence will enhance the quality and quantity of traffic to your site, as well as improve both organic and unpaid rankings on search engine results pages (SERPs). But how do you set your web efforts apart from the competition? With dozens of search engines, each with their own algorithms and on-page/off-site ranking factors, this may seem to be a difficult task.
It All Starts with an Audit
Developing a new plan starts with looking at the old one. (And if you don’t already have one, then you can only improve from here!) An effective audit of online presence includes assessment of:
- Current page titles and meta descriptions (a code that is read and indexed by search engines and crawlers).
- An XML sitemap and robots.txt file. The sitemap is a roadmap of your website while the robots.txt file indicates what pages you don’t want read by crawlers to limit data requests from your website.
- Alt text, or short descriptions coded into images uploaded to your site.
- Existing local listings on a wide range of online directories.
- The presence of claimed and accurate Google, Bing and Yelp listings with correct name, address, phone number and business information.
- Pages with thin or duplicate content, which can result in penalties from search engines.
- The presence of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google and Bing Webmaster Tools.
- Current search rankings for your main keywords against your competitors.
Making SEO Work for Your Business
With an audit in hand to inform the next steps, customized SEO plans are deployed to help boost visibility and earn organic traffic for your website. From web design to content to keywords to link building, your online environment is optimized for what crawlers are searching and to maximize website visibility and boost SERP rankings. Each SEO plan is designed with your audience in mind. The EVR SEO process includes:
- Performing competitive analysis of similar local businesses to see where you are ranking in search results comparatively.
- Link building to ensure your website has a healthy and updated network of active backlinks and local listings with accurate information, including your name, address and phone number.
- Managing online public relations, including social media and online reviews.
- Developing keyword-rich content that is easily digestible for the reader.
- Determining realistic KPIs and providing reports on campaign progress and improvements.
Remember: This is a marathon, not a sprint. Algorithms are constantly being updated, and the evolvement of your website is critical to maintain and improve your ranking. Fortunately for you, we’re ready to run the race.
OUR SEO SERVICES INCLUDE
- Keyword Research
- Competitive Analysis
- Link Building
- Web Optimization
- Online Public Relations
- Content Development
- Web Marketing Analytics
- Reporting / KPIs
Tell us about your project!